Go to My projects:
Click on the Create project-button:
Fill in the project's name and reference number - it can be any number/text you want. The reference number becomes a unique identifier for your project.
The next two fields are not mandatory:
If you wish to create the project under a particular region or company subsidiary - select the Place under project-option.
If you wish to copy data from an existing project - select the Copy products from existing project-option.
Set a start and an estimated end date before clicking Next:
Fill in the project address and click Next:
The next step is optional. Your company probably consists of more than one employee. It is not necessary that each and every one of your employees goes through the registration process. You can create users for all of them yourself and you can give them access to the project by adding them in this field.
But first you need to create them. Click on the Create user-button:
Fill in the mandatory fields and click Save.
Make sure that you assign the proper type of permissions for the new user. Here is the difference between them:
- Project owner (read/write/user administration) - the user will gain access limited to specific projects only. He will be able to manage the project by adding products, inviting companies and adding users.
- Project admin (read/write) – the user will gain access limited to specific projects only. He will be able to manage the project by adding products and inviting companies.
- Project user (read) – the user will gain access limited to specific projects only. He will be able to view all the project information without making any changes.
- Company admin (read/write) – if you created the ProductXchange account, then you already have company admin rights. You are able to manage all the projects in the company’s account, create users and update the company profile. You can register as many company admins as you need.
- Company user (read) – the user will gain access to all projects in the company’s account without being able to make any changes.
Proceed with finalizing your project. Click Create:
Your project is now successfully created:
It is also automatically added to the Dashboard (Home menu).